This wonderfully sticky flapjack is a far cry from the pre-packaged house bricks most stores seem to sell these days. This tea time treat can be prepared in under an hour and brings back childhood memories for me!
- 150g butter
- 275-280g oats
- 4 tbsp syrup
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 25g sugar
- Line a shallow square tin with greaseproof paper and preheat the over to 190C
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup over a low heat
- Remove from heat and add the oats, stir till thoroughly combined.
- Bake for 20 mins till golden around the edges
- Cool for 10 mins and cut into squares
- Allow to cool completely and remove from tin
- Cut again into squares with a sharp knife
You can use 50g of white sugar if you don’t have any soft brown sugar, but we like the slight caramel flavour the brown sugar gives. Of course you could add some dried fruit like rasins to the mix if you wish.