Forget those shop bought bottles that lie in your fridge half empty for a month before you throw it away. Honey Mustard Dressing is easy enough to make it as you need it and enjoy a superior dressing in the process with just a few store cupboard ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons your favourite wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider / white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (Crisp and dry)
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- Sea salt / pepper to taste.
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar together
- Whisk in the honey
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Season to taste if required.
Alternatively shove the whole lot in a jam jar, screw the lid on tight and give it a good shake!
Keeps up to a week in the fridge.
You can vary the proportions of the oil, but this gives a nice balance by taking the edge of the slight bitterness of the olive oil which might otherwise make you think you need to add more honey.